Studies have also proven that chronic inflammation from periodontitis results in the development of cardiovascular diseases. Oral bacteria is linked to heart disease, blockages and stroke.
What you can do
- Prevention is an important step in maintaining your oral health. Brush your teeth twice a day thoroughly and clean your teeth in between with dental floss. Your dentist might recommend an antimicrobial mouth rinse if needed.
- Always choose dental products which are sealed by the ADA- American Dental Association.
- Eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins, proteins and minerals. Limit processed food and drinks.
- Professional dental cleanings are very much necessary to remove tartar and plaque.
- Visit your dentist immediately in case you have swollen, tender or bleeding gums, gap between gums or gums and teeth, pus between gums and teeth, bad breath which doesn’t go away, biting issues, loose teeth or change in the fit of your dentures.
For more details please check the link https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/dental/art-20047475